Many organizations are increasingly adopting cloud communication solutions as a cost-effective way to modernize communication. Two common solutions are Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS).
Both solutions offer cloud-based communication tools and capabilities. So, what is the difference between UCaaS and CCaaS? Let’s look at each.
What is UCaaS?
Unified Communications as a Service delivers an all-in-one, cloud-based communication platform that’s easily scalable and cost effective, replacing a traditional PBX phone system.
But the real benefit of UCaaS is that organizations get more than just voice services. UCaaS platforms generally include other communication tools like messaging and video conferencing. This makes UCaaS an ideal solution for internal communication between teams, departments, and remote workers.
What is CCaaS?
In contrast, Contact Center as a Service is an external-facing solution. That’s because it’s
an omni-channel platform dedicated to providing tools for call center agents to help customers with questions or issues. CCaaS generally features capabilities like built-in call recording, intelligent routing and integration with business applications.
Is UCaaS or CCaas right for your business?
How do you know which is right for your business? Here are common business goals that each solution can help you meet.
UCaaS use cases
- Facilitate better employee collaboration – UCaaS tools help streamline and speed up team collaboration, giving teams the tools they need to stay in touch easily.
- Streamline tools on a single platform – Instead of asking employees to switch applications to message or make video calls, UCaaS has all these tools in one location. It also reduces the number of communication applications your IT team has to manage.
- Update communication systems cost-effectively – UCaaS is a budget-friendly way to update legacy voice systems with modern features and functionality. It’s also easily scalable and flexible.
CCaaS use cases
- Improve customer experience – CCaaS is designed for organizations looking to increase customer satisfaction with up-to-date tools that ensure better communication.
- Reduce customer service response times – CCaaS can help lower customer wait times with intelligent call routing and integration with business systems for faster issue resolution.
- Track customer service results – Some CCaaS systems come with oversight features that let managers listen in on calls and track service team call analytics to identify areas of improvement.
Embracing Cloud Communications with UCaaS and CCaas>
Whether you’re looking to improve internal collaboration or hone your external customer interactions, UCaaS and CCaaS offer some of today’s most modern cloud-based communication tools securely and cost-effectively.
Learn how Frontier’s UCaaS and CCaaS solutions deliver more for your business.